why should worship be restricted to Sundays?
Every Friday morning from 11.00 am, we hold an hour of worship at Great Shelford Free Church. You don’t even have to be a member of our church to join in. Indeed, our regular congregation of 25-30 people includes people from other local churches as well as others who do not have a church affiliation. We’d be glad to meet you – feel free to turn up! It’s a chance to worship and pray with others, and to find out more about God.
After the Spring recess, the ‘Friday: Time to Worship’ services will recommence on Friday 14th April. Please find below the programme for April-July 2017.
As part of the service, there is an opportunity for you to request prayer for specific needs you have or are aware of and you will always be made to feel very welcome.
Friday Morning Worship was started in 2002 to provide a meeting place for those who could not get to the Sunday worship services for whatever reason, or who had free time on Friday. The format began with more traditional, familiar hymns, prayers, readings and a message and has developed its own style over the years. Each week is led by one of a team of leaders to give variety.
The church is equipped with a hearing loop and there are toilets accessible to disabled people.
No collection is taken, although very occasionally a special appeal is supported with the agreement of the attendees.
After the service, most people stay behind and have a meal together at Call Inn which begins at 12.15 pm.
- 14 April : Good Friday Holy Communion
- 21 April : Prayer & Holy Communion
- 28 April : Something to Celebrate
- 5 May : Prayer & Holy Communion
- 12 May : Picnic on the Grass
- 19 May : Prayer & Holy Communion
- 26 May : Dinner in Bethany
- 2 June : Prayer & Holy Communion
- 9 June : Supper in Jerusalem
- 16 June : Prayer & Holy Communion
- 23 June : The meal that never was
- 30 June : Prayer & Holy Communion
- 7 July : Breakfast on the Beach
- 14 July : Prayer & Holy Communion