Please checkout the new church blog here
We have set up a food drop off bin outside the church, please be generous and give away good food to those in need.
Don't forget you have see a livestream service at 10.30am on Sunday by clicking here
1) All Church events and services will be cancelled until further notice, this includes Sunday morning. We will livestream a time of reflection and prayer on Sundays at 10.30am if we have the people to do so - you can access this whether you are on Facebook or not by visiting https://www.facebook.com/ShelfordFreeChurch/
2) We want to create a central database of who is checking up on who, so if you could reply to this email with those people within the community you are willing to be in regular contact with. Please do this as it’s a way we can make sure all are being looked out for. Diana and myself will endeavour to check in on people in the coming weeks to make sure everyone has contact from the church.
3) The food bank needs food, I spoke to the John Huntingdon charity yesterday and their supplies are down. There will be a drop off box at the church front door for anyone to place food in - this will be emptied daily and transferred to Sawston. https://johnhuntingdon.org.uk/
4) We will be setting up a Church blog with regular reflections over the coming weeks. Please do check the church website https://shelfordfreechurch.org.uk on a regular basis.
5) If you live in the Shelfords or Stapleford and would be willing to support the community initiative Chris Smith and others have set up on Facebook. It's a group where people can offer support to their neighbours and join a list to take on a sheet - Visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/357037668334411/ for more information and get involved.
Please also find a link to a prayer video Lyne Green and the team at the Baptist Union have made available.https://www.baptist.org.uk/Articles/569162/Prayer_broadcast_17.aspx
Following the Guidance from the Government Coffee Pot, Call Inn, Little Steps and Tony Toes will no longer be meeting.
We will update more regarding plans for Sunday in the next few days.
Following the government guidelines please don't come to any Church event if you have a new cough or a temperature. In the weeks to come we will do our best to communicate if events are cancelled.
Our Sunday Services will continue as normal until further notice.
We are trialling out livestreaming the service via facebook – If you are on facebook please check out the Church pages for details about how to log on. We haven’t done this before so please forgive us if it doesn’t work or the quality is not great. Thank you to Richard Renouf for helping us.
Please be praying for those worried and impacted by the ongoing health situation. If you are in self isolation I pray that you would feel Gods peace and love at this time